Undoubtedly, it's a challenge and different knowledge areas demand educated people that expresses his ideas in a clear and concise way.
Two key elements leverage the development of the new writer, I thought.
- An indomitable personality and passion for sharing his ideas through written word.
- A suitable set of writing tools.
Thirty years ago, maybe, the typewriter machine was the suitable tool for a writer.
Twenty years ago, the desktop computer leverage the writing process to another level, saving paper and letting a process writing more iterative.
Today, powerful advances in web technologies bring us browsers as the almighty tools. As consequence, all the things that you as a geek can be accomplished from your web browser: read e-mail, read news, watch videos, listen music, chat, make a phone calls, among others.
My prefered browser is Firefox. It's an open source browser with a large add-ons base that brings the navigation process to next level.
So, as follow I will mention a couple of these add-ons:
- Zotero: It's a free, easy-to-use extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. Certainly, it's a powerful tool for the researcher. It will be hilarious when has support for PDF documents, too.
- Scribefire: It supports the blog publishing process to your favorite blog site from your web browser.
- Split Browser: You can split browser infinitely, as many as your RAM and your screen allow. It's a useful tool for editing over multiple-sites on a single screenshot.
Powered by ScribeFire.